Gardening vs Sewing: My Garden and Myosotis Dress Patternn Printing




One can't have it all


I know, we always have to choose something over something else. Still it did not feel good when I had my new garden all watered and even the balcony washed /and the flowers did show so many signs they feel good/ and finally arrived to the copy shop only to find it had closed two minutes before I visited them.

So my latest adventure in sewing, a dress that I was so anxious to start making this evening, had to wait a day more, or I had to print the pattern at home and glue dozens of pages.  



paper and fabric for the Myosotis Dress

I just had to make this dress. This was mandatory. So I did print the pages and assembled the pattern, I will start cutting today. Fabric colours are quite off on this picture, it is a late evening now.

A Dress so Special 

 

Deer and Doe Myosostis Dress Yes, I have a lovely blue dress that is almost ready now. It lives on the coach most evenings now as I am stitching every evening - basting to check the waist widths and bodice fit once again... after cutting and starting sewing last summer. But why not print a new pattern, cut new fabric and finish another dress before it? Of course I have to! The reason is, the Deer & Doe Myosotis Dress is fantastic!
 It is almost everything one can dream about in a summer dresst:
  • It covers so much, sun burn is not an issue.
  • It stays so far from the body, heat is not a problem.
  • It pairs perfectly with light-weight fabrics, so skin is still being able to breath in a hot humid day, which makes it priceless addition to a wardrobe located by the sea. And mine actually is.

 

Some Plans and Some Memories


Another reason I liked it so much when I found it, was the fact I have been looking for a roomy and light dress for a month or so. I had also have a similar dress, I wore at my prom party. And a pin on my pinterest boards with a playful, roomy, light cotton dress for two years, at least. When it showed while I was looking for something else... it was like deja vue.



As Odd as it Gets


My choice of fabric looks pretty strange. Especially after admiring all the lovely Myosotis dresses showing around this summer /I liked so many, it is impossible to mention all/. They are all classy solids or beautiful, sometimes romantic florals, and I loved the gingham and stripy ones too.

bold blue satin print for my Myosotis dress



Mine is a a light cotton satin I bought last summer for a dress /thinking of a maxi one/. It is bold and I am not sure yet I will be able to play with the print accordingly with this dress pattern. Maybe I will not be able to cut the proper sections and will need new fabric. Hopefully not. Or I will have to buy new fabric and sew a maxi dress too... not too bad actually. But I prefer a faster way to get the Myosotis dress ready. No more sunburn, or heavy dresses.

Oh, and look at the boldest part of my garden today - a newcomer this summer - an orange bougainvillea.


orange bougainvillea in my little city garden


It is midnight and I have the pattern printed, assembled and cut too. It seems gardening and sewing can be combined and some sleeping might take place too. Despite the late arrival at the copy shop.


Comments

Popular Posts